Never preserved your own food before? Classes and demos are offered each month during the busy canning season to help you get familiar with the ease of water bath canning, pressure cooker canning, food dehydrating and steam juicing to make your own juice and jelly.
- Classes are hands-on and include all equipment and instructions.
- Classes are open to anyone. Bring your friends!
- Registration fee is $15 per class.
- You will go home with something from the canning kitchen.
- Classes are held at the Swap n Play Kitchen, 7535 N Chicago St.
- Minimum class size is 4. Cancellation notice will be emailed.
- All classes are taught by Andrea Marks.
- 2013 Preserve & Serve Mail-in Registration Form
2013 Class Schedule
June – Pickled Asparagus
July – Peach Cinnamon Jam
August – Salsa
September – Grape Juice
October – Apple Pie Filling
November – Mandarin Oranges (Cancelled)
*Please bring your Paypal receipt as proof of enrollment in the class.