Never preserved your own food before? Classes and demos are offered each month during the busy canning season to help you get familiar with the ease of water bath canning, pressure cooker canning, food dehydrating and steam juicing to make your own juice and jelly.
- Classes are hands-on and include all equipment and instructions.
- Classes are open to anyone. Bring your friends!
- Registration fee is $10 per class.
- You will go home with something from the canning kitchen.
- Classes are held at the Swap n Play Kitchen, 7535 N Chicago St.
- Minimum class size is 4. Cancellation notice will be emailed.
- All classes are taught by Andrea Marks.
- Click here for a mail-in registration form.
2012 Class Schedule
Strawberry Jam – June
Sweet Pickled Beets – July
Pickled Cucumbers and Green Beans – August
Ketchup – September
Applesauce – October
Cranberry Relish – November
Wednesday, November 7th, 6-8pm – CANCELLED!
Saturday, November 10th, 9-11am – Registration is CLOSED.
Who could ever eat store-bought cranberry jelly after this? Learn how easy it is to cook and can your own cranberry relish and impress all of your Thanksgiving guests! This recipe calls for a water bath canner. You will go home with a small jar of cranberry relish.
*Please bring your Paypal receipt as proof of enrollment in the class.